Friday, April 15, 2016

A fun time


February 14, 1933 - The Schmidt kids went along with us tonite.  It surely took Bud a long time to get ready.  We had a glorious time, 31 there.  Evie came home from Scheurich's tonite.  Ray went after Gus and Vic but they weren't home.  I think Louie Meierhenry fell the most times.
February 15, 1933 - My, but I do feel tired today, and I don't know why I should!  Mrs. Walker went to Madison to visit Schmidts.  The kids went to church this evening, but I went to bed early.
February 16, 1933 - Bud is 17 years old.  The committee of service and instruction in League had a meeting at Meierhenrys.  Bud, Evie, Ruth J., Willard, Harry and Fritz and I went with Gilbert Jochens.  After the meeting we played Rook and I Doubt It.  We had popcorn balls to eat and grab from each other.

Anyone know what I Doubt It might be?  I think I played something where you tried to bluff as to how many of one card you might have, i.e. "I have 2 Kings" and there was some penalty for you being dishonest or for someone saying you were when you weren't.  It has a rougher name, though, not fit for a blog of Grandma's diary.  (Seriously, she probably wouldn't mind, but I am taking the high road here.)

Thirty-one is a very good number for a skating party of country school kids, I would think.

Here's a photo of pretty flowers for no particular reason.  I need to plant some peonies, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment