Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Rollerskating on the horizon


February 11, 1933 - Read and laid around most all day.  We went down to the library tonite.  I got some school books.  Then Mom, Ray and I went out to Ola's.  We played cards and had ice cream.
February 12, 1933 - Fixed my hair and Mom's today.  This afternoon, Ray, Grandad, Mom and I played Pitch.  I'm really beginning to like the game.  Ray and I went to the dance at Hoskins tonite.  I had a punk time.  Ray took me home about 11:00.  Gerald Andersen's birthday.
February 13, 1933 - The kids decided yesterday to have the roller-skating party we've been planning on this Tuesday nite.  I called G. C. Francis this morning and asked Hollis to go up home and tell Ray about it.

Two things I take from this one; there was no phone yet at Grandma's house and Hoskins had lots of dances and Winside had none.  Ever.  Apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment