Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hektograph


January 30, 1933 - Nice today.  Harry was absent from school today.  He has a bad cold.  I'm glad I'm not home today.  They're taking care of the meat Ola brought in Saturday.  Played "Over the Top" with Mr. Walker this eve.  I won the game.  Evie and Mote walked to town to a committee meeting this evening.  Mike went to P. Scheurich's today.  Wrote a letter to Mildred Andersen.
January 31, 1933 - Rainy and foggy.  Harry and Ronald absent today.  Kenneth and Doris Jonson came after Ronald's lessons after school.  Mr. Nurnberg and George were over this evening.  I fixed my hektograph.  Evie colored some pictures for me for patterns for the kids at school.
February 1, 1933 - Ronald back, Harry still gone.  Snowed a little last nite.  Washed and finger waved my hair tonite after school.  Bud and the girls went to prayer meeting.  Manicured my finger nails, hektographed some school material and wrote a letter to Walter.

I know I've commented on what on earth a hektograph was way back earlier in this blog.  I'm pretty sure I didn't include a photograph.  I do not know the vintage of this one, but it looks like it could have been used in the 1930s.  I found a photo of the one from Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin, but thought it might have bad Communist mo-jo so I didn't use that one.  This one does not have a sordid past, to my knowledge anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment