Monday, February 29, 2016

An Iversen sighting


January 27, 1933 - My cold isn't much better today.  I could hardly talk tonite.  Ray came after me after school.  We went to Schermers and got 1/2 gallon of honey.  Left some drawing work at Mayme's school.  Stopped at Boyen's for Alma.  She had supper with us.  We went to Rebekah Lodge.  Not many there.  Irene Iversen had a program at her school tonite. 
January 28, 1933 - Mom, Ray and I went to Norfolk this morning.  Got back about 1:00.  We went to Wayne this p.m.  Ray got the car license.  I went to Miss Sewell.  We went to Aunt Mildred's but she was down town.  Ray got some library books tonite.  Mom greased me good tonite before I went to bed.
January 29, 1933 - Feel somewhat better today.  Had to get my clothes lined up today.  Annie, Ola and kids were here for dinner today.  Mamie was here about an hour while Lloyd was seeing some man in town. Ray and I went to the dance at Hoskins tonite.  I had a good time.  Ervin and LeRoy are still here.

Not Howard Iversen, but an Iversen nevertheless.  I guess we will be able to tell when Grandma and Grandpa are an item when Grandma just uses first names in her diary.

I wonder if the honey was for anything special.  I don't remember Grandma having it around as a staple when I was growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment