Sunday, February 14, 2016

Job security



January 21, 1933 - Washed and fingerwaved my hair.  Annie, Ola, Annabelle, Leeroy, Aunt Emma, Uncle Max and Hilda were here for dinner for Grandma's 80th birthday.  Heavy fog tonite.  Ray, Willie and I went up to a party at Uncle Hans' tonite.  Ervin R. and LeRoy Frost were here from Omaha.  I went home with LeRoy.  Ray played "follow the leader" I guess, anyway he was always just behind us.  In bed at 4:00!!
January 22, 1933 - To S.S. and church this morning.  Uncle Hans, Aunt Lena, Meta and baby were here for dinner.  Martha and Lily came later.  We went upstairs and slept.  Ray, Lily and I went to Hoskins tonite.  I didn't have a very good time.  Hardly anybody there I knew.  After the dance Ray was to take Lily out to Ola's.
January 23, 1933 - Warm and clear.  Rather tired.  I walked over to Behmers right after school tonite.  I had my monthly report signed and got my order.  Mr. Behmer said I could have the school again next year if I wanted and I do.  Mr. Walker went to Omaha today.  All the kids are home again.  Mote and Evie have been telling about their fun of last week.  Listened to the radio.

Grandma doesn't say either way, so I don't know if she was holding her breath about having her school again the next school year or if it was expected.

Hmm.  Was Uncle Ray being the watchful brother by following Grandma and her ride?  No wonder, if Grandma wasn't home earlier than 4:00!

The photo of Grussmother is from 1925, so not too far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment