Friday, March 25, 2016

Brrrrrr!


February 8, 1933 - The thermometer at school registered 29 degrees below zero this morning.  We had to study around the stove until noon.  Evie went to Ed Scheurichs to help today.  Mote, Mr. Walker and myself played 500 this evening.  We kids have been talking about giving a roller-skating party at Norfolk sometime soon.
February 9, 1933 - 22 degrees below zero today.  Only 10 degrees above zero in the schoolhouse this a.m.  Harry and Minnie absent today.  I wrote a letter to Mrs. Smith this evening.  Mildred and I took hot salt bags to bed last nite and tonite to keep our feet warm.
February 10, 1933 - Warmer today.  We finished our valentines in drawing period.  Ray came about 3:30.  We stopped at Bojens for Alma.  Had a lunch there.  Ray took Alma and I to lodge tonite.  There were quite a few there.

All I can say is I am so glad it is not that cold in the here and now.  Seems to me we had less of those frigid days, one after the other, this last winter.  Or if we did, I have already blocked out the memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment