Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Laura Wiseman Lawson


October 8, 1932 - Mom came about 9:00 this a.m.  We took an order for school books down to Templin's.  Went down town this p.m. and got some gloves for myself.  Went to the dance at Carr's tonite with Lena Neiman and came home with Ray.  I had a really good time.  Willie stayed the rest of the nite.
October 9, 1932 - Ray and Willie went out to Ola's.  I went along and brought the car back to town.  This evening Mom and I went out to Ola's to get Ray so he could go along to bring me back here.  It was snowing when we got here.
October 10, 1932 - Feels like winter this morning.  Mrs. Jochens and Dorothy visited school this p.m.  I washed and finger-waved my hair and also finger-waved Evie's.

There was certainly no cause for Grandma to have taken note, but on October 10, 1932, my great-grandmother Laura Wiseman Lawson died.  I have, but not with me, a copy of her obituary.  I think the headline was something about the last of a pioneer family.  And in a way, she certainly was that.

1 comment:

  1. Just in case you didn't know it - You know Lena Nieman as Lena Miller.

    ReplyDelete