Friday, April 10, 2015

Who?


August 21, 1932 - To S.S. and church.  Annie and Ola and kids and Martha were here for dinner.  We looked at my new books and talked in P.M.  Mom went out with Ray to do chores.  They went to Uncle Hans' and got Louis to stay with Ray.
August 22, 1932 - Mom worked on my dresses today.  I dug out all of my school junk and started sorting it.  Went down town a few minutes this afternoon.
August 23, 1932 - I worked on my school things this morning and Mom sewed.  This P.M. Mom, Grandma and I went to Norfolk with Ola and Annie to see the Legion Parade.  We stood 3 hours before the parade started and then it lasted an hour.  I got a new winter coat at Brown's.  When we got home Mr. and Mrs. Carl Menky from Kansas, Mama's cousins, were here.  Ray came home this P.M.

Who are the Menkies, anyone?

And here is Grussmother's sister, Martha.  I do not know if that is the Martha in question -- probably isn't -- but I recently cropped this photo to use with my ancestry.com family tree, so I'm using it again to take full advantage of my efforts.

1 comment:

  1. I think the Martha Mom mentioned was probably Martha Brogren (Ola's sister).
    She later married Chris Maas.

    ReplyDelete