Monday, April 6, 2015

More Old Settlers'


August 18, 1932 - Went down town for the parade this a.m.  Had picnic dinner with the Brogrens, Kahlers and Ruschmans.  I was with Ogretta Washburn all p.m.  I saw Mayme and Lloyd at the waterfight and went to the dance with them.  Had a punk time at the dance, the pavement wasn't very good.  Edna and Ervin Ruschman and LeRoy Frost came up this morning for the picnic celebration.
August 19, 1932 - Mom is bothered with sinus trouble today.  We both layed [sic]around and slept most of the day.  Florence Schellenberg was here a few minutes this afternoon.  Mary Riese birthday.
August 20, 1932 - Canned 4 pints of tomatoes and 17 quarts of apple pickles. Ray came in this evening.  He's doing chores, etc. at Charlie Farran's while they're gone on a visit.  They left today and are coming back Wednesday.  Annie and Ola went to a party tonite and left the kids with us.

Layed?  Goodness.

Sounds like 1932's Old Settlers' wasn't a huge success for Grandma or Grandma Anna.  And Uncle Ray had to work during part of it.

I am thinking this may be a fairly timely photograph.  I have it on good information that the two kids here are Annabelle and LeeRoy.  And I believe LeeRoy (I think that is how Grandma spells it, but then with "layed" in view right now, I can't be sure) was born in October 1931.  He looks a bit younger than he might have been in August of 1932, but I'm going to call it close.  Cute little buggers, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment