Thursday, April 2, 2015

NOW it's Old Settlers' Time


August 15, 1932 - Washed this morning.  Ray turned the machine for us.  Ray, Mom and I went to Raymond & Alice's this evening.  Mom is making a cap for the baby.  Ray and I went over to Walker's a little while.
August 16, 1932 - Mom and I ironed this morning.  This afternoon we went to Mayme's.  Mayme and I made out our orders for school supplies.  Went to Hoskins on our way home and ordered a few things from Mr. Templin.  Had a flat tire just west of town.  Ray helped Ola today.
August 17, 1932 - I finished the ironing this morning while Mom sewed.  Washed my hair this afternoon and got a finger-wave from Anna Boyd.  I was down town a few minutes this evening.  Walter K. came home today for the Old Settlers' Picnic tomorrow.

My guess in an earlier post about Old Settlers has been disproved, and I have no other guess as to what was going on previously. 

It sounds like just Grandma and Grandma Anna had the flat tire, since Grandma mentions Uncle Ray helping Ola but not helping them with a tire or going along on their trip.  I wonder if those two gals changed it themselves.  You would think Grandma would mention if someone came to their aid.  Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment