Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Questions a-plenty


August 24, 1932 - Aunt Mary, Uncle Harry and Ralph were here for dinner.  Menkeys left this p.m.  Ray painted his car this morning.  I took charge of the R.N.A. Juveniles in Mom's place at Mrs. McIntyre's.  Mom went to Wayne tonite to Rieses's.  Tomorrow they're going to Kennard to see Uncle Nels who is quite sick.
August 25, 1932 - I worked on my school work all day.  Ray traced some patterns for me while I copied some songs for him.  Grussmother is sick and was in bed all day.  Got a card from Mayme, and she said Lloyd Behmer's charivari dance is tomorrow nite.
August 26, 1932 - Ray had to walk out to Farran's this morning to help put up hay.  Mom came home about 8 o'clock.  Uncle Nels was up and around.  He said, "I fooled them.  They thought I was going to die, but I didn't."  Ray and I went to the dance tonite and we had a good time.  Nancy Andersen's birthday.

Still needing to know who the Menkeys are, if anyone knows.  And who are Mary, Harry and Ralph . . . Kahlers?  I have a decent map going re the family tree, but I am still missing some information.

I didn't know one could just up and paint their car one morning.

What kind of songs was Grandma copying for Uncle Ray?  And why?  Did he play piano or anything like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment