Thursday, February 26, 2015

An Iversen sighting


July 28, 1932 - Annie brought the car in this a.m.  Mrs. Davenport, Larry, and Valta Witte went with us.  Had our dinner at the Tourist Park, R.N.A. picnic.  I went down town with Eulalie Brugger in p.m.  Bought a new dress and shoes.  Had supper at a Tourist Park on South 13th Street.  Went wading in the Elkhorn River.
July 29, 1932 - Rainy and foggy all day.  Ray came in a few minutes this afternoon.  I slept and read.
July 30, 1932 - Cleaned house.  Alma L. came on the evening train.  We went to Carroll to the dance with Ray.  We were down town a few minutes before we went.  Alice Fleer, Ethel Lewis, Helen Iversen and another girl asked to go along.  We took them, but didn't have to bring them home.  Dorothy Jochens birthday.

No Howard, but little sis Helen makes an appearance in 1932.  I wonder when Grandpa will finally earn an entry in Grandma's diary.

The photo has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that I noticed Grandma's shoes.  All I ever remember her wearing were (sorry Grandma) old lady shoes.  I got to wear a pair of the black ones she used to favor in one of our high school plays.  They immediately added years to my age, which was good since I was playing a man-crazy old spinster.  By the end of the play my spinster married a character played by my real-life brother, Dale.  It got a chuckle out of the audience since they knew we were related.

Anyway, I like the pretty sandals Grandma is wearing.  Is that Little Grandma or maybe Aunt Clara in the photo with her -- Mom or Nancy?

2 comments:

  1. That would be Aunt Irene and it is from the summer we went to California. I believe that might have been in 1954.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am betting you are right, but knowing that that is Aunt Irene doesn't make it look like her to me. But then, I didn't know her in1954. :-)

      Delete