Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Winter in Nebraska



Tues., January 21, 2003 - Received hospital bill.  Nancy came after work.  She brought chili soup.  Also made out checks for medical bills.  Enough thawing so I could have my hair-do.  Mary took me & brought me home.

Wed., January 22, 2003 - Attended Book Club this evening.  Snowed a little.

Thurs., January 23, 2003 - Myrtle called.  Tom came in evening for usual routine.

Well, if that doesn't sound like a Nebraska winter -- it thawed enough to get back to normal activity and then snowed the next day.

There is thawing going on like crazy here in 2021.  It's like walking through acres of Slushee or Icee straight from a convenience store machine out there today.  Not that I'm complaining.  After weeks of sub-freezing temperatures, day and night, having sunshine and 40+ degree temperatures to create some melting of the 18" of snow or better is plenty fine with me.  Here's a photo of my view before chores earlier this week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment