Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Three straight days of playing




Sat., January 18, 2003 - Played lazy all day.  Watched Lawrence Welk & Guy Lombardo in the evening.  Talked to Greta.

Sun., January 19, 2003 - Nancy came.  She sopped at Boston Market for our dinner.  We played Rummikub.

Mon., January 20 ,2003 - Played cards this evening.


It took me a second to notice that Grandma used a form of the word "play" for three days in a row.  Good for her, especially the playing lazy part.

The photos are of my dining room just this week.  Grandma's buffet had been in our bedroom holding up the television in there, but we did some switching out of furniture in the bedroom and it occurred to me that we could put the buffet to better use.  So, the corner cabinet that had been Jane's (John's mother) and had been, well, in the corner, went to Tasha who very much liked having her grandmother's cabinet, and the buffet was put in its current spot.

Right now it holds some of Grandma Anna's china and for the life of me, I don't remember even one thing that Grandma (Marian, that is) kept on her buffet.  Excuse the wrinkles in the dresser scarf there; I put it on quickly to see if I liked it and then promptly forgot to go iron it and put it back. Also, the mirror is streaky.  Egads.  I should have just started over with a new photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment