Friday, December 18, 2020

A card shark




Mon., January 6, 2003 - Went to card playing tonight.  I had exceptional luck - I won 4 games - quite a record.

Tues., January 7, 2003 - Made split pea soup & Nancy had supper with me.

Wed., January 8, 2003 - The Book Club met at Irene Johnson's - had special cake & sherbet before the meeting.


And yes, Grandma wrote sherbet, not sherbert.  I wonder how things changed over time so that so many people (myself, once upon a time) say it incorrectly.

I must say here that they've changed the format of this blog and I barely know what I'm doing anymore.  So if things look a bit weird from here forward, some of it is my fault but not all of it.

For no reason whatsoever, here are photos of aebleskiver I made recently.  They were pretty good, if I must say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment