Friday, March 22, 2019

Out and abouting on a safari


Thur., September 12, 2002 - Tom renewed or added to my ATT calling card.  Called Myrtle in a.m.  Baked banana bread & sticky rolls.  Tom here for supper.  He brought food from Applebee's -- good barbecued ribs.  Laundry & shower as usual.
Fri., September 13, 2002 - Rained this morning.  I started reading Bob Kerrey's "When I was a Young Man".  Irene Johnson gave it to me at Book Club thinking I'd enjoy it.
Sat., September 14, 2002 - Nancy, Mitch, Dane & I went to the Safari at Mahoney State Park.  We saw elk, buffalo, sand hill cranes, pelicans, deer and wild turkeys.  Nancy, Mitch & Dane took a 1/4 mile hike.  They saw a wolf & some bears.  We ate at a pizza place in Ashland.  On way home we stopped at Dairy Queen.  Had a most enjoyable day.  Cloudy at first but never too hot.

Nancy, if you had photos and was missing a date for them, I have one for you right here.

I can imagine they all did have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment