Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Pound shower?


Sun., February 28, 1937 - We went to church.  Stayed after church for the pound shower & dinner for Rev. Knaub, the new minister.  Over to Graef's tonite for Raymond G.'s birthday with the kids.
Mon., March 1, 1937 - Baked 2 cakes but neither was very good.  We went to installation with the folks.  Wayne installed for both Reb. & Odd Fellows.
Tues., March 2, 1937 - We went over home to butcher.  I expected Myrtle to be there but she stayed home to bake bread.  They butchered 3 hogs.  We get a half & a quarter.

I had to do a search and am not sure, but I think a pound shower is where you bring a pound of something.  Perhaps this was a welcoming gift for Rev. Knaub?  I had not heard of such a thing before but it's a neat idea, I think.

Here's me today for the photo.  I got a new haircut just an hour ago.  Don't count on it looking like this again, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment