Thursday, September 6, 2018

I think 1937 is it


Thurs., December 31, 1936 - Clear today.  Howard went to sign for gov't money this a.m.  We were planning to go to the midnight show at Norfolk with Rews.  The snow yesterday put an end to that.  We played cards until about 10:30 before going to bed.
.
.

Sat., January 2, 1937 - Cold, windy - a regular blizzard.  Half the time I couldn't see Howard when he was going to the bar or hen house -- the air was so full of snow.  Terrible drifts -- pump just about covered.
Sun., January 3, 1937 - We had planned on going to Annie's for her birthday but the storm yesterday ended those plans.  Clear & not very windy.  Howard walked over home to get his glasses.  I embroidered this p.m.

I wonder how many times Grandma checked out the window to try to spy Grandpa in the snow.

I will certainly double-check, but it looks that there is enough in 1937 for about 20 posts and then I will have to back-track and see where I was in the 2000's with Grandma's journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment