Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Penny candy and mice


Sun., November 17, 1935 - Loretta and Verna Hoffman here this a.m.  Loretta tried on her dress.  Mom went to church.  I stayed home to get dinner.  This was Ray's Sunday to work.
Mon., November 18, 1935 - Today was Herbert Niemann's birthday.  He treated us to penny candy bars.
Tues., November 19, 1935 - Set my 3 mouse traps with flour last nite and had 3 dead mice this morning.  I took the invitation to Irene after school for the Thanksgiving party we're going to give the South school Nov. 29.  Mom and Ray and Granddad went to Cliff & Marie's to get our Thanksgiving goose.

Maybe I need to try flour.  I am trying to catch a mouse that is consuming goat feed out in a shed.  I tried peanut butter and after two days, nothing.  Maybe the mousey is too full of feed.  Or, maybe he's no more. I had to leave the door open for a couple of days after forcing it open from being frozen shut.  Maybe the cats dispatched him during that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment