Tuesday, January 16, 2018

As I was saying . . .


Mon., November 11, 1935 - A tire was flat this morning when I stopped in front of the schoolhouse.  The boys fixed it at recess.  Earl back in school after 3 weeks absence.  Mom and I teased Ray tonite when he was reading!
Tues., November 12, 1935 - Mrs. Wolf brought some patterns for lace collars tonite.  Mrs. Lindbergh was here to try on her dress.
Wed., November 13, 1935 - Howard stopped at the schoolhouse awhile this evening.  He had a thorn in his wrist, infection set in, the place was lanced last nite.  Mrs. Trautwein brought Grandmother some flowers.  Miss Nuss and Ethel were here awhile tonite.

Well, I made it just under a month since my last post.  Time certainly got away with an early family Christmas, Anna graduating from college, Mitch visiting, John having surgery, momma goats having baby goats with one rejecting a baby . . . what else am I missing?

I am glad Grandma seems to be having a quieter time of it in 1935, flat tire and all.

There's a photo of my little graduate at the recognition on East Campus the day before the big graduation ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment