Thursday, March 25, 2021

Dancing at 75



Thurs., January 30, 2003 - Myrtle called in a.m.  It was my turn to call but I became interested in a movie on TV.  Mitch & Anna here this evening.  Nancy & Mary went to a country music deal.  Tom came for the usual routine.  He brought barbecued ribs from Famous Dave's for the 4 of us.  The kids played Rummikub with Tom & after he left we played cards & Rummikub.

Fri., January 31, 2003 - Played lazy all day.  Went to movie in library this evening "Heaven Can Wait."

Sat., February 1, 2003 - Made trail snacks for tomorrow.  Nancy came with groceries late in afternoon & I showered.

I'm not sure what country music thing Nancy and I would have gone to, but I'm guessing maybe Trace Adkins. I'm not betting any money on it, though.

I wonder which Heaven Can Wait was showing at the Pioneer House that night.  I know there are at least two versions; I've seen only the one with Warren Beatty.  Pretty funny, yet somewhat poignant, too. The wikipedia plot summaries of both movies are rather long, so I'm going to take a pass on posting those.

Instead, here is a curious and fun little article from the Sioux City Journal on December 2, 1925.  The lady featured is my second great-aunt, sister of Maren, with Maren being the mother of William Andersen who married the lovely Anna Brogren and fathered Marian and Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment