Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Gearing up for Christmas


Sat., December 7, 2002 - Finished addressing most of my Christmas cards.  Talked to Greta in p.m.  Mary brought meat of 2 wild ducks & 1 wild goose.  Friends of hers hunt but don't care for the meat.  They skin the birds & then cut off the meat.  I soaked the meat in cold water.
Sun., December 8, 2002 - Nancy came at noon & brought KFC - I had potatoes & fried apples ready.  I showered & she did some cleaning.  Mitch & Anna here while Mary went to a meeting at Zoya's.  We played UNO.
Mon., December 9, 2002 - Mailed 11 Xmas cards.  Played cards tonight.  Dolores came (I baked 4 loaves of pumpkin bread) here afterward & we played Rummikub.

Now I do remember getting the duck and goose meat from my former co-worker.  I do not recall specifically giving it to Grandma, but I obviously did.  Half of a memory is better than none at all, right?

For no reason whatsoever, here's a recipe.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment