Thursday, June 27, 2019

One year in


Mon., October 21, 2002 - Played cards in evening.  I won 1 game but Ethel won 4.  Afterwards I went to Dolores' & we played Rummikub.
Tues, October 22, 2002 - Year ago I started living here.  Delores took me to have my hair washed, etc.  I went to her place in evening & we played Rummikub.  Rained in the evening.
Wed., October 23, 2002 - Snowing today.  The snow looks so pretty on the  yellow trees -- have a much prettier sight from the 7th floor.  Had a fake fire alarm in the morning -- something went haywire in the boiler room.  Attended Book Club in evening.

I still remember the day Grandma moved in.  Well, the day she first saw her unit anyway.  It was late and I was doing last-minute painting (thanks Dale for helping, too).  It was quiet so I heard the elevator "ding" even at Grandma's end of the hall.  I got off the ladder and peeked out the door to see Grandma with Maude (her walker) coming hell bent for election from the elevator to the door.  She (Grandma) was very much in a hurry to see her new place.  Obviously she didn't spend the night there since a ladder was the only stick of furniture around, but she got to lay eyes on her new home anyway.  And she was very pleased.

The quality isn't overly good, but here's a photo during Grandma's early years in Lincoln.  The kids and I had her and Nancy over for a meal.  I don't remember the main dish, but do recall the major goof-ups in getting the dessert made.  Here they are enjoying(?) it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment