Friday, June 8, 2018

Well, wasn't that nice?


Tues., May 26, 1936 - Alma came down this morning and said that she, Bess, and Dorotha were going to give me a shower next Tuesday evening.
Wed., May 27, 1936 - Washed the walls and woodwork in kitchen.  Blackened the little heating stove.  In p.m. we went out to "the place."  Washed the dirt off the woodwork so we could paint.  Painted some of the woodwork.  Howard was harrowing over there.  Bess, Dorotha and Alma here a few minutes in evening about shower.
Thurs., May 28, 1936 - Cleaned basement this morning.  We went out to "the place" and painted this p.m.  Howard was there -- he went to town for glass for a window and brought back some ice cream.

I definitely prefer ice cream to glass.  However, I do have very fond memories of cutting glass with Grandpa when he bought a new glass cutter.  Maybe I have already mentioned it here, but for some reason I was able to make swirly, curved cuts without breaking the glass.  Grandpa, not so much.  I was probably still in elementary school then, which likely confounded him even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment