Thursday, June 14, 2018

Fast forward


Mon., July 20, 1936 - Howard gone threshing.  I was working on the chokecherries this p.m. when Pearl, Aunt Mary, Annie & Margaret Miller came to see me.
Tues., July 21, 1936 - Went to town and washed clothes this morning.  Howard finished threshing today.  Elmer and Myrtle were up here this evening.
Wed., July 22, 1936 - Worked with chokecherries.  We went to town tonite.  I went up home and helped Mom fit the lace dress I got in Sioux City for her.

So, the best we know from the gap in reporting, so to speak, is that Grandma went to Sioux City.  Hopefully she did other fun things, too. 

Speaking of fun, I still remember as a kid watching Mom and Grandpa trying to siphon Grandpa's homemade chokecherry wine and getting a little giggly in the process.

The clipping was in her diary just waiting all these years to make a repeat appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment