Monday, October 2, 2017

The answer to a question I hadn't thought of


Thurs., September 12, 1935 - Face better today.  Howard took me into town tonite.
Fri., September 13, 1935 - Had today off for the Fair.  I went to Norfolk with Howard and had my eyes tested for glasses.  Went to Lodge tonite.
Sat., September 14, 1935 - Mom and I went to Wayne this morning on the train.  Went up to Meta's until after dinner and went to the Fair with Ray.  Came home with Ola and Annie.  Jochens brought us some grapes.

I realize now that I never knew when Grandma started wearing glasses -- from peeking ahead, I can confirm she did get some after this particular appointment.  I do not recall seeing photos of her wearing any in her younger days.  So, either she did not have them prior to 1935 or always took them off for photos.  I can't see her being vain about that, so if she did maybe it was to prevent glare from the flash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment