Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Told ya


Mon., August 19, 1935 - Annie came about 8:00 this a.m.  We stopped for Marian Jordan.  Today we canned 23 pints plus 16 quarts of corn and 4 quarts of apple sauce for us and 29 quarts of corn for Annie.  We had a dandy rain tonite, started about 7:00.  Stayed all night.
Tues., August 20, 1935 - Edwin brought me and the canned goods home this morning.  I canned up 3 quarts of apple pulp.  Typed again this afternoon and evening.
Wed., August 21, 1935 - Washed and waved my hair, baked bread, and canned 3 1/2 quarts of ripe cucumber pickles.  Went down town with Alma.  Howard was here when I came home.

See?  Lots of canning.  I know the basement was somewhat roomy, but it seems like they would be buried in canning jars by now.

For no particular reason, here is one of my favorite photos from a long-ago family reunion, or maybe 4th of July picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment