Monday, November 30, 2015

Just thought of something . . .


December 1, 1932 - Cloudy and cooler today.  Raymond, Art and Rudolph were up to school this evening.  Art didn't seem to look so bad to me.  He doesn't know how long he's going to be around Winside visiting.  Allan Bruse birthday.
December 2, 1932 - Warm and sunshiny.  I walked home, and Ray came just as I got to the mailbox.  We were out to Ola's for supper.  When we got back into town I washed and finger-waved my hair.  Then Mom, Ray and I played Pinochle.
December 3, 1932 - Went out to Ola's, finger-waved Tillie's hair, and brought Annabelle back with me.  Mom and I made her a jumper and blouse.  I went down town to help at the bazaar, went to Wayne in a truck to vote instead.  Went up to Uncle Hans' to the dance with Annie and Ola tonite.  I surely had a good time.  Ola Brogren's birthday.

I do not know which Art this is, but something must have been going on with him for Grandma to comment on how he looked.  Perhaps there will be clues somewhere down the line.

Regarding my just thinking of something -- I realized just this moment that Grandma hardly ever mentions her or Grandma Anna or Uncle Ray being ill.  Either they were very hardy or weren't sick enough to mention, which in a way is very hardy.

I am not looking forward to too much snow and cold, but this photo of a country road in the snow and sunshine made it not seem too terribly bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment