Friday, March 20, 2015

Home again, home again, jiggity jig


August 9, 1932 - Ray went to get the Chevie this a.m.  This p.m. Ray and I went to Pete Olsen's.  We had supper there.  After supper Walter, Howard, John J., Mildred and Raymond came over.  We danced to the phonograph in an upstairs room.  Stayed at Andrew's again.  Bertha Meierhenry and Russell Pryor birthday.
August 10, 1932 - Went down to Nelsen's this a.m. and had dinner there.  We left Andrew's at 1:10 and got to Winside at 4:30.  Mom, Ray and I went out to Pryor's a few minutes.  We got a pail of crab apples.
August 11, 1932 - Walter C. brought the ice, milk and cream this p.m.  Ray and I made the ice cream.  There were 35 at our social this evening.  When it began to rain we went to the church basement and played games.  The Walkers and Wittlers went home before lunch because of the rain.  Most of the town kids went home barefooted.  Ray and I did.  Hazel Meierhenry birthday.

I messaged on of our cousins I found through ancestry.com to find out if he could tell me who these people are but I have not yet heard back.  I will mention it when I do.

Here we have rain spoiling things again.  I peeked ahead in the diary and there was reason to be concerned.

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time I have ever heard of Mom dancing! Who knew!

    ReplyDelete