Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Going on a trip


August 3, 1932 - Dora and George are thinking of moving to Blair.  Annabelle and LeRoy were here this afternoon while Annie and Ola went to Mr. Beuthein's funeral.  Ray was in awhile this evening.
August 4, 1932 - Dora, George and Aunt Lena were here for breakfast and dinner.  Aunt Lena is helping Dora pack.  I washed and finger-waved my hair this morning.  Ray was here a few minutes this evening.  It rained quite a bit and the wind blew pretty hard tonite.
August 5, 1932 - Mom and I worked on some of my winter dresses today.  I ordered a set of books from an agent.  Ray came in about 3 o'clock and said we could go to Washington.  It got pretty late before we were ready, so we decided to wait until tomorrow morning.

A bit of a family trip before school starts.  That rings a bell.  I still remember going to Adventureland in Des Moines before Mitch started kindergarten.  He was sporting a green cast from having broken his arm goofing around on the basement steps.  We wanted to do the water ride together, but Anna was too small (barely a year), so we stood in line for quite a while, hoping someone would hold her for us once we got near the front of the line.  Sure enough, some young employee volunteered and, if I recall, Anna either slept through the whole thing or didn't make a peep.  If this photo is from Grandma's birthday in 1995, it's pretty close to our big trip.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is the sweetest picture of Anna. Mitch looks like a little angel. Great photo of everyone Love it!

    ReplyDelete