Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Happy Birthday, Uncle Ray!


May 22, 1932 - Mom and I went to church this a.m.  After dinner Mom, Grussmother and Ray went to Stahl's.  I slept and read this p.m.  Arnold came after me about 6 p.m.  Was at Wittlers for supper.  Lydia, Arnold and I went to Norfolk to the Baccalaureate Services.  After that we tagged and were tagged by the Walker kids driving around Norfolk.
May 23, 1932 - Ray is 19 years old today.  Took the tablecloths back to Walkers, got my mail that had come there, got my checks from Mr. Strate and then on to Norfolk.  Grussmother went along.  Deposited my money in the Postal Savings.  We bought a congoleum rug for the dining room and paint for the kitchen floor.  Went out to Annie's tonite, it rained and we stayed all nite.
May 24, 1932 - Mom helped milk this morning and I did the dishes.  Came into town and took up the dining room linoleum.  Scrubbed the floors.  That was a hard job.  We got done at 4 p.m.  Ray went out to Ola's this noon.  After supper I helped Mom work in the garden.

I have nothing to add to this and need to get it posted, so I'll leave it 'as is'.  Hopefully I will be more inspired for the next post.

Here's little Ray since we are talking about his birthday.


2 comments:

  1. Does anybody know who is the baby in the middle? I'm pretty sure that is Mom and Uncle Ray on either side. HELP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom knows for sure, but I think it is a Stahl.

    ReplyDelete