Tuesday, June 20, 2017

More rain ruining things


Wed., April 24, 1935 - Cleared up today.  Went to bed early tonite.  Gave 8th graders final instructions for examinations tomorrow.
Thurs., April 25, 1935 - We practiced at the school house tonite, or rather said our parts.  Allen stopped at school house and gave me the questions.
Fri., April 26, 1935 - Warm today.  Mrs. Goodling brought me home at 4:15.  Baked cookies for lodge tonite.  Alma and I on committee.  Rained about 7:30.  Only a few at lodge.

I have to imagine that 8th grade examinations were somewhat stressful for the 8th graders.  Kids my age took all-encompassing tests every now and then, but they were just to see where we were at (I think), not to determine if we went to the next grade or not.  I guess back in the day, they were essentially college finals for 8th graders.


No comments:

Post a Comment