Monday, June 18, 2018

Fun in Missouri


Sun., July 26, 1936 - Hunted up new cafes for our meals.  Slept most of the afternoon.
Mon., July 27, 1936 - To Dr. Musgrave this a.m.  Iny has a temperature and can't take a bath today.  My back is weak and my blood pressure a little low.  I'm supposed to drink around 12 glasses of different waters.  I took my first bath this p.m.  It's lots of fun.  Rained tonite, lights went out so Iny couldn't wave my hair.
Tues., July 28, 1936 - Aunt Kate entered the McCleary Sanitarium today.  Iny's temperature still a little above normal.  She took a bath anyway.  I have to stay 2 wks.  Brrr!

The photo is of the McCleary Sanitarium and Clinic in 1930.  I borrowed it from exsmo.com.

I learned elsewhere on the wonderful worldwide web that the sanitarium was founded by Dr. A. S. McCleary in 1901 for people with gastro-intestinal issues.  He specialty was curing hemorrhoids without surgery and he advertised success or the patients did not have to pay.  The sanitarium remained in business until 1974.

No comments:

Post a Comment