Monday, August 27, 2012

Easter 1993


"April 9, 1993:  Good Friday -- fairly clear.  Howard planted 12 potatoes -- covered with straw.  Randy J. brought him two bales of straw.
April 10, 1993:  Howard planted some radishes.
April 11, 1993:  Howard, Greta and I left at 7:00 headed for Wahoo.  All the family there for Easter except Tom and Merilyn.  They went to Sac City to meet her sister and husband.  Nice sunny day -- kids could play outside.  Finished binding Nancy's quilt."

I think it was neat that Grandpa planted potatoes each Good Friday so that there would be new potatoes in time for Mom's birthday.  I know it's been discussed here before, but I still like that.  The radishes, well, I'm not so crazy about them so I have no opinion.

Here is a photo of Grandma's dolls, in shell shock that they did not get to go to the Easter celebration.  One is overdressed for the weather anyway so it's just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment