Thursday, August 7, 2014

What a nice brother!


May 13, 1932 - Oh! so hot today.  There were 52 at the picnic.  Ray brought the ice cream about 12:15.  It was all eaten at dinner time!  5 gallons!  Had races, etc. for kids this p.m.  I got nice and sunburned.  Went home about 5:30.  Stopped out to Annie's and had supper there.  Made ice cream with the ice left in the freezer.
May 14, 1932 - Ray and I went back to the schoolhouse about 10 o'clock this a.m.  I had to finish my reports and then clean up the mess.  It was 4 o'clock before we were headed for home.  The car was loaded down with my junk.  Ray and I went to bed quite early tonite.  Rose Stamm's birthday.
May 15, 1932 - Picked some tulips for Hilda, Mom and Annabelle.  Stopped at Ola's, gave them the tulips and got some lilacs.  Stopped and visited Mom a few minutes then went up to Uncle Max's.  Looked at pictures, etc.  Had dinner and supper there.  Stopped in at Uncle Hans' this evening.  We stayed at Ola's tonite.  Annie and I are doing our washing together tomorrow.

Of course, all the brothers in our family are real peaches, but I bet there are some out there in the world that would not spend six hours on a Saturday helping their sister pack up her school stuff and haul it home.

I am not sure when the photo was taken exactly, but it darn sure wasn't in 1932.


1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure this was taken at a Brogren family reunion out west but I don't know what year it would have been.

    ReplyDelete