Friday, June 16, 2017

Rain, rain go away


Sun., April 21, 1935 - Easter Sunday.  Went to church with Mom.  Slept all afternoon.  Howard and I were going to a show but it was too late by the time we were ready to go.
Mon., April 22, 1935 - Warm today. Dust storm this p.m.  Planted some trees.  Practiced tonite at north school.  Started to rain about 10:30 and scared everyone home.
Tues., April 23, 1935 - Didn't rain much last night.  Cloudy all day.  Studied a little tonite.  Raining good when I went to bed.

Just as the idea of taking a train to Wayne or Norfolk and back again is foreign to me, so is the fact that rain was such an issue back in the day.  A mixed bag, I suppose, since at some times of the year rain was desirable for crops, but it sure seems to have often put a damper on social events.

I do not know where the above photo was taken, but a search of "Easter 1935" brought me to it and I thought all the happy people at an Easter wedding was too good not to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment