Friday, February 12, 2016

Baron Munchausen


January 18, 1933 - Sleet fell last nite.  Most of it thawed this afternoon.  Minnie and George are taking their examinations today.  Only 4 of us at the table tonite.  It seemed so funny.  Mike has been at Paul Scheurich's since Monday.  Read my new Grade Teacher this evening.  To bed at 8:45.  The wind's blowing pretty hard.
January 19, 1933 - Clear and warm.  Minnie and George finished their exams and I have all corrected except 5 & 6 Geography.  Alfred stayed until after 4:00 telling me about his pets (pigs, rabbits, dogs, cats, etc.) and toys.  He seems to have a regular menegarie [sp].  Traced and inked some things for Valentines tonite, also hektographed.  Listened to Capt. Henry's Showboat and the Baron Munchausen with "Vas you dere, Charlie?"  Surely good.
January 20, 1933 - Clear and warm.  Mom went to Norfolk with Annie and Ola this p.m.  They came back at about 5:30.  I went home with them.  Willie B. has been at our house since Tuesday nite.  He, Ray and Grandad have been cutting down trees in the chicken yard over home.  We played Michigan tonite after supper.

I recall Grandma saying something about "Vas you dere, Charlie?" but I have not context whatsoever.  I will have to ponder.

I mentioned wanting to play Bunco a few posts back.  Come to find out, Micki is part of a Bunco group and this month was her month to host.  I told her I was interested in the game, and she thought maybe we could pull it off at our next family reunion.  I told her that sounded like a plan.

Given my current circumstances regarding animals, I think Alfred and I would have gotten along famously.

I hope they didn't encounter any trees this big in the chicken yard.  If so and if Dale were around, he would have had a grand time.

No comments:

Post a Comment