Sunday, February 9, 2014

What on earth?


November 3, 1931 - Today has been real nice and warm.  I mailed an order this evening for some workbooks.  We went to League this evening at the home of Lorene & Ezra Jochens.  I had a good time.  Yesterday continued:  Bud and Mike came up to the school house this morning and straightened everything up except the cob house.  Harry Heckendorf brought me a couple of dead mice and I didn't jump when he showed them to me.
November 4, 1931 - Another nice day.  I got most of my library books today.  The whole family was looking at them this evening.  Mr. Walker showed me pictures of their trip through Yellowstone Park a couple of years ago.
November 5, 1931 - Mrs. Dedlow and Kenneth Jonson visited school this afternoon.  I got a letter from Mother today saying I could stay with Mayme this weekend.  Mr. Walker, Bud, Mike, Mr. Jonson, and Mr. Nurnberg came up this noon and straightened the cob house.

Goodness!  Now I really wonder what happened to the schoolhouse.

We sure had a nice time in Yellowstone, we being Nancy, me, Mitch and Anna.  I am pretty sure that was 2003.  I am also pretty sure it was quite different then from when the Walkers went.


No comments:

Post a Comment